By Pamela S. Bacon
A career's worthy of artistic ideas to difficulties and demanding situations typically encountered in class libraries, this moment quantity to the best-selling a hundred Library Lifesavers provides one other a hundred ready-to-use lifesavers that can assist you remain on best of your busy time table and make your library glance stable! professional institution library media expert Pamela S. Bacon once more stocks functional, field-tested recommendation for nearly any activity. every one lifesaver contains a short description, assistance (helpful feedback) and instruments (ready-to-use templates), in addition to an extra function referred to as journeys (Internet links). Grades 6-12.
Read or Download 100 More Library Lifesavers: A Survival Guide for School Library Media Specialists PDF
Best library management books
Why may still youngsters even take into consideration saving for retirement? Why no longer run bank card debt as much as the max if the financial institution is prepared to lend it? solutions to those questions and others are available during this uncomplicated consultant to the basics of private finance written in particular for teens. quite a lot of monetary issues on easy methods to deal with your funds are mentioned in a revolutionary style from the very fundamentals of starting a checking account to budgeting, buying collage, financing a motor vehicle, and tax-deferred retirement debts in order that readers with various degrees of data are supplied with all of the details they should remain out of debt and to devise for his or her futures.
Contemporary legislation, company, or even public library closings are the unhappy affirmation that libraries aren't any longer a given. although librarians convey targeted worth to their groups and agencies, too usually their paintings is going on lower than the radar. the advantages supplied via info pros are invisible and brought without any consideration as web se's exchange genuine specialists.
Libraries this present day face festival from on-line resources, wavering public perceptions, and extending person calls for, and profitable advertising and marketing is important to their persisted good fortune between clients, stakeholders, and society as an entire. The Library advertising and marketing Toolkit covers each element of library advertising and branding for a variety of details organisations, together with data and public, educational, and detailed libraries.
This booklet develops the idea that businesses can be successful at the foundation of danger administration, a lot as businesses compete on potency, expenditures, hard work, situation, and different dimensions. the truth of hazard and the way it affects businesses is that it truly is even more yes, frequently catastrophic and appears extra like a surprise.
- Project Management: Tools and Techniques for Today's Lis Professional
- Public Library Start-Up Guide
- General Systems Theory: Problems, Perspectives, Practice
- Active Learning Techniques for Librarians. Practical Examples
Additional resources for 100 More Library Lifesavers: A Survival Guide for School Library Media Specialists
5. Put welcome sign with school’s name on document camera. 6. Welcome class or group to the distance learning room. Distribute handouts. 7. If time allows, provide a brief introduction to what participants are about to see. 8. Post the provider’s help desk number by the phone in case of technical difficulties. 9. Give the distance learning remote to the person in charge of running equipment. 10. Make sure an extra remote battery is charging. Lifesaver Tool 5A. Distance Learning Survival Guide—Before the Event LIBRARY LIFESAVER 5: During the Distance Learning Event—Survival Strategies 17 DISTANCE LEARNING SURVIVAL GUIDE—DURING THE EVENT Completed 1.
The classroom teacher will often need to assist in answering these questions because the standard may not be demonstrated until the final product is complete. • Covering the basics of each standard in a library orientation is one way to keep students afloat. • Standard 1 Example: When a class begins a research project, ask the class to write down keywords that they might use to look up information. As students come in to seek information throughout the year, working with small groups of students on which search sites are best is another strategy to assist students in evaluating information.
6. Call for Help! R If you have trouble, call the help desk—that’s what they’re there for. R Call the content provider and ask questions. 7. Follow Up R Fill out the session evaluation. R Be honest—this is how content providers improve. 8. Always Have a Plan B! R As great as technology is, it isn’t foolproof! 9. Model Active Learning R Use distance learning yourself for your own professional development. 10. Have fun! Lifesaver Tool 10. Libby’s Lifesavers SS 2 ALL ABOARD! EXCEEDING THE STANDARDS Library Lifesaver 11 A STANDARD ABOVE: WHAT ARE THE STANDARDS, ANYWAY?
100 More Library Lifesavers: A Survival Guide for School Library Media Specialists by Pamela S. Bacon